DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Friday, December 28, 2007

Steven is gone again

Steven had to return to Iraq yesterday. We got to the airport at 6:15 am and said our goodbyes. It keeps getting harder and harder. Both of us hate when he leaves. He will be gone for approximently 2 1/2 months or sooner but still it is really hard to say goodbye to someone you love so so much! We were both really upset all day and tried to talk as much as possible in Dallas and Atlanta before he went on to Ireland (the on to Kuwait). There are no words that can describe the feeling of him leaving. When I left him and went back to the car I saw that he had forgotten the cookies I had made him for his trip so I went back to give them to him. He looked so so sad waiting in line at security. I have never seen him look like that and it broke my heart even more. But we have to be positive and he will be home before we know it so we can start our life together instead of apart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that it is sad right now but you need to look on the bright side. You got to have him home for Christmas. Those 2 1/2 months will fly.